Episode 7 Guest Yvonne Maffei Publisher of MyHalalKitchen.com
Yvonne Maffei, MA is a graduate of International Studies & Spanish from Ohio University. She has grown up with a real passion for cooking and writing, setting out to make a career out of combining the two. She gives cooking classes, lectures about halal cooking and healthy eating, and consults schools on how to source healthy, halal ingredients and prepare fresh new ideas for school lunches. She has written the cookbook, Summer Ramadan Cooking to teach about the food rituals of the holy month as well as the global diversity of halal recipes.
Yvonne’s second cookbook, My Halal Kitchen: Global Recipes, Cooking Tips, Lifestyle Inspiration, will be published in July 2016 (purchase: https://goo.gl/J33ngD ).
It aims to teach the basics of halal cooking and baking, and showcase classic American, French, Italian and Latin recipes made with all natural halal substitutes.
I can’t tell you guys how much i enjoyed speaking with Yvonne. I had the opportunity to read her New Book coming out in July inshaAllah. and it was really terrific to have the halal versions of all those great dishes. I mean who doesn’t want to enjoy American, Asian, French, Italian, and Latin cuisine, without worrying about all the haram ingredients. May Allah Bless her for her hard work. Ameen.
On this Episode we discussed:
- Tips for Cooking food that is Halal AND Healthy
- How she thought of the idea for the book and more details about it.
- How to shop at the Farmers Market, and what questions to ask the vendors.
- They put what in conventional bread?
- Do we really need all those gadgets in the Kitchen?
- Advice for new food bloggers.
- Fun stuff she has coming up for Ramadan.
Connect with her on Social Media